Monday, November 16, 2009

Hi everyone. November 16, 2009
This week has been a good and tiring week. We had Don Taylor fly in from Briercrest to teach us Old Testament Literature. This was my favourite class that we have had so far. I grew up homeschooled for the earlier years in my life and I was privileged enough to have Christian curriculum which consisted in learning a lot of the Old Testament bible stories. This course really expanded on all those stories that I loved so much and I learned so many new things that made the story seem not just like a story. I also learned so much more about the OT. I learned new stories and a lot more about the Prophets. The OT is really important to read because in order to understand a lot of the NT you need to read the OT. Most people think that the NT is just fine to read because it is so practical, but in order to fully understand the NT (the second part of the Bible) you need to read and understand the OT. I really enjoyed Don’s class and I really liked his teaching style. He was very organised and gave us lots of breaks to keep our focus on him and his teachings. During the week we had a class assignment to make a OT movie. It took a lot of work and some late nights but it turned out great and I thought it was really cool how we all worked together as a group and everyone took part in helping. I think it’s so important for everyone to help out and be able to work together with any of us in a community like this one. On Wednesday night I had youth. There were not too many kids there because it was Remembrance Day and most of them had P.A. day so I guess they assumed youth was off too......which it wasn’t. Stevie told them the gospel message and it was frustrating for me because I was sitting listening and it seemed like none of the kids were listening. They were flirting with each other and being silly and it made me sad. I feel like someone needs to explain to them the seriousness of fearing God and respecting leadership. In my small group there was only 4 girls but it made it so much easier to talk to them and lead. I asked some serious questions and I think one girl is saved and knows what it means to be born again but the other 3 just said exactly what all of the other girls said. When I asked if they thought they were born again they all just said yes. I am really enjoying getting to know the kids and playing games and stuff with them but I am finding it difficult to have deeper talks with them and to really be able to know their lives. I guess for now I can just love them and am as kind and fun to them as I can and of course pray for them constantly. My heart goes out to some of them. I shouldn’t get frustrated with them because they have probably never been taught the right way to behave. Sometimes seeing these kids and comparing them to how I grow up, I thank God that he blessed me into a Christian home where I was taught about Godly things and for the most part protected from this world. Please keep the kids from Warmland in your prayers this week. Please keep all the leaders and Stevie G in your prayers as well. Please pray for encouragement for him and the right messages and topics to talk to the kids about. On Sunday Church was cool. All of the Capenwray students took over and were in charge of a service. It was so encouraging to see God working through them and to have ministering at Warmland along with us. I have enjoyed getting to know some of them and it is cool to make friends outside of Kaleo too. Overall this week was very busy with class, all our homework, our movie project, and youth. I am enjoying being busy but please pray for strength and good health. Thanks for listening and God bless you all this week!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment