Monday, November 30, 2009

Church Ministry week

Hello friends, November 30, 2009
this week was awesome. It was really busy as usual. We had our Church ministry class with Dave Ernst teaching us. It was a really interesting course and very beneficial because most of us have grown up involved in some sort of church. My favourite part of the class was there was a panel of Pastors, pastor’s kids, and pastor’s wives. We were able to hear about their ministry and what their struggles and their joy’s are. Overall it was a very interesting class and today we just had the exam which I think I did ok on. This week at youth there was a good turnout. Stevie talked about two healing miracles that Jesus performed. I led my small group girls in discussion questions and it was encouraging because they all expressed how they believe in prayer and that God can heal. They all had stories about God had healed someone in their family or someone that they know. During the end two girls got into fight and one ended up being pretty upset so it was difficult to deal with that while trying to teach all of the girls. Anyways overall youth went really well and the kids listened much better to Stevie G during his lesson. That was an answer to prayer and very encouraging. Saturday I worked m last partial weekend in the kitchen for Men’s Retreat. I worked from 1pm till 7pm. It was cool to help out. I had to cut some onions, which was funny because I always cry when I cut onions and there was one point where I thought I had gone blind but I think I was just being dramatic. Saturday night dinner was awesome, it was Steak and prawns. I think all the men and especially all the Kaleos and staff enjoyed it. On Sunday I helped out in Sunday school with Stevie. It was cool because I got meet more Warmland kids which were some of the younger ones that do not come to youth. It is nice to get to know more and more kids in Crofton. I feel like if I go anywhere I run into someone that I know from the church. It is cool to have the community feeling in a place that feels so far away from home. This week we are headed off to Vancouver for a youth conference. I am really excited. Please pray that everyone will be able to get their work done and will not be stressed at the conference. I hope everyone is good back at home. Thanks for praying, there was definitely an improvement in the youth this week.
God Bless!!

No comments:

Post a Comment