Monday, December 7, 2009

Busy Busy week

Hello everyone, December 7, 2009
This week was so fabulous. It was very busy but probably one of my favourite weeks that I have had. One Tuesday we helped Stevie G decorate cookies for our youth group party (well the girls helped the boys played rock band). It was fun. On Tuesday night we had a delicious Christmas staff dinner and then after we had a Kaleo talent show which was really fun. John and I had to organize it which was a bit stressful because I am not good at doing things like that but it was good for me to be out of my comfort zone. On Wednesday some of us had to opportunity to help out at Crofton’s Senior’s annual Christmas lunch. It was so much fun and it was really cool to be able to serve in our community. Some of the kids from Crofton Elementary School came to sing to the seniors and it was cool because I knew most of them (the grade six class) from youth group and it was encouraging that they seemed happy to see me and it was nice to be able to cheer them on while they were singing. Wednesday night it was my last youth group session and we planned a huge Christmas party. It was a really fun night and I think the kids had a good time. It was a lighter mood. There were video games and there was a colouring table which was nice because the kids could come and just sit and talk. I was able to talk to one girl about her life and some things that had been bothering her. Please pray for her and I hope that she will be encouraged by God’s love. After youth we had a big clean up session. Thursday a group of 20 I think headed off to Vancouver. We attended a youth conference directed for youth leaders. Its purpose was to teach and encourage people who work with youth. Since we all participate in leading our youth groups it was very beneficial to go. I learned so much and not just about reaching out to youth but God showed me things about myself that I want/need to change. All of the sessions were spoken by really gifted speakers and they were very practical sessions. I really liked the city of Vancouver it was a lot nicer than I expected and on Saturday me and a couple of friends went on an adventure to Stanley Park. It was really fun. Overall we had an awesome jam packed weekend and I think everyone who went really enjoyed and God worked through lives. Today we went bungee jumping. It was so much fun and en experience that I will always remember. We also climbed through a challenge course that was quite intense.....at least for me. Some parts of that were scarier than the bungee jumping. Sometimes I really enjoy doing things that challenge me because after I do them I always feel better. I am having such a great time here and looking back on this whole first semester it has been the best time ever. I have learned so many new things about God and about myself. I feel like I have overcome challenges and challenged myself. I really believe that I am in the right place and that God still has so much more to show me. I am so blessed with the friendships and the leadership here. I have really enjoyed working with Warmland Church this semester. It has had its challenges with learning to love and be patient with the kids but I really believe that we are there for a reason and that God wants to do great things. Thank you so much for all your prayer and I hope that you all have a great Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment