Happy Easter!!! The Lord has risen! (He has risen indeed; ill pretend to hear you say that)
This week was very busy and I cannot believe that in now less than two weeks time I will be at home in Ontario! That is becoming more and more sad to me. ahhh But I am enjoying these last few weeks so much and I am so excited for what is left. So this week we had Christian World view class which was.......interesting. I liked our professor but the class was not that interesting to me. Some of it was, but some of philosophical issues were a little over my head. Nevertheless it was still important topics to be covered.
So, this week we actually got to attend youth and it was so great to be back and see all the kids again. The five of us Kaleo students planned out our whole youth for that night. We planned beginning games, a skit and lesson, a snack, and then followed by one last game. I think the kids really enjoyed the night and know they had fun. I am praying and hoping that what we said will really stick with them and that God will continue to work in that youth group.
On Thursday night we had a Passover dinner which was SO fun. I had never done anything like it and I loved it. It was very cultural and everyone was excited and into it. It gave me more of an understanding of Jewish culture and how Jesus used to live. It was great and I would love to have another Passover dinner next year.
Good Friday was a stormy day, which I thought was appropriate. We had Chapel and then our Christian World view exam. Saturday night we watched the Passion of Jesus Christ and had I seen that movie before but this time it affected me so much more deeply. After everything we have been learning this year watching that movie made me realize that it all comes down to that deep unconditional love and the message of the cross.
Today I helped out with the kids in Jr. Church and I was actually able to tell them a little of the Easter story. Most of them just wanted to tell me about how many Easter egg hunts they had already had, which was very sad but it was still good for them to see how excited I was about Jesus rising from the grave and how that is more important than chocolate.
Overall this has been a great week, Easter is my favourite holiday, simply because it means so much to me and I am reminded of what an AWSOME God we serve. Thank you so much for praying for us, please pray that everything that God wants to happen for Kaleo in these last two weeks will happen according to his will.
God Bless
No comments:
Post a Comment