Hello everyone,
Wow, I had another amazing week. It is getting harder and harder to leave this place! It’s funny because at Christian time I really was ready to go home and have a break, but now it is sinking in that exactly three weeks from today I will be at home in Ontario! That is so sad! I feel like it’s not enough time. I have enjoyed it so much. This past week was amazing and busy. We went surfing to Tofino again from Tuesday to Thursday. The surf trip was so much fun and it was so cool to see how everyone has become so much closer and better friends since our last surf trip in October. Wednesday was so beautiful the actual day of surfing. The beach was gorgeous and I was so thankful because I was able to stay in the ocean for so long surfing and playing in the waves without being cold. Seeing God’s creation was so amazing and I am always going to remember the beaches and cool spots we have visited. On Friday I shared my testimony with the group during chapel which was really hard because some of it was very personal, but it ended up being amazing. Everyone was so encouraging and so many people poured out prayers and love towards me. I think during that moment when everyone was praying was the moment I have been the most thankful for this community that I have been privileged to live in for the past 7 months. Because of the surf trip we missed youth again, but I had this whole weekend to serve at camp. It was the juniors retreat and starting Friday night till Sunday afternoon I have been working. I helped in Club Coco making drinks, helped with the challenge course, and helped Stevie G with all the games. I really enjoyed working at Club Coco because it was a good opportunity for kids to come and talk with us and a good opportunity to get to know the kids. Also playing the games some of the kids would want to stay with you and just talk to you at the station that we were placed. I enjoyed working this weekend because even though it was tiring and I have a whole book review to write now, I enjoyed getting to know the kids that came here and being to help make their weekend better. Thanks for all you prayers, this week was great and I am excited for this upcoming week. It’s our last class! Hopefully it goes well and I can enjoy every moment of it.
God Bless
No comments:
Post a Comment