Greetings,
Febuary 1, 2010
This week went by really fast for me. I cannot believe that January is over! I feel like I am missing something because all of my life January has been spent in frigid cold weather with piles of snow around me. This was probably one of the best January’s I have ever had. So this week we had two days of Jim’s class Camp Ministry. Monday night we had a great worship night and I am so happy that we have been keeping up with Monday night worship.
So Wednesday night at youth was ok. Honestly I look back from the first week until now and I am thankful. I am thankful that I have been able to get to know these girls. I feel like I know them so much better and that they know me and we can have conversations about them They are still all in grade 6 so it is hard to get deep with them when they always have a ton of candy before youth and they just want to have fun. But God has been showing me that this could be the only spot where they hear about it, they may not listen and we really don’t have anything to do with that, but we do have privilege of teaching them about things and sharing our excitement and our faith. Anyways, so youth was good, the girls had a hard time focusing in discussion group (what else is new) but we played a fun game that was team building after which I really think they enjoyed.
Friday night Camp Quawnoes held a huge youth event for all the surrounding youth groups. I was on greeting everyone which was really fun and then I helped out with the field game, Jess and I got to sit in the van in the middle of the forest and hand out gold, and then after I met up with my youth kids and showed the girls my room and where I stay. It was a fun night and I think all the kids had fun.
Sunday morning at church I was downstairs helping with the Jr. Church. I am definitely getting to know the kids down there better too. It is easier because all they want is to just play with you but I do enjoy spending time with kids. They are cute and fro the most part they are pretty well behaved. I do however think that the lessons are fairly weak and that the actual original bible stories should be told to them. After church the sun was shining so brightly and beautifully outside that again I could not believe it was January.
For the past three Sunday nights I have been attending Coble Hill’s youth serve “The Bridge”. I have really been blessed to be able to go to it. I enjoy the worship and especially the teaching. Since Warmland is focused on lighter sermons due to new Christians it is great for me to get spiritually fed at this church. So that has been great.
This week we have theology class and so far its pretty good. The Olympics are coming up soon which I am so excited about. Please pray for us. We have a huge mission field and I really don’t want to miss out on any opportunity to share my faith. Thank you for all your prayers God is working here at Kaleo.
God Bless,
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment