Sunday, October 4, 2009

Kaleo Blog #2

Hello everyone, October 4, 2009

Well I have now been here at Kaleo for almost three weeks and I absolutely love it. Tomorrow we are heading off on a five day sailing adventure up the gulf islands. It has been about a week and a half since I have last wrote and since then I have been able to be involved with 2 youth group sessions, helping out with Jr. Church, and helping out with Sunday school. For youth group we all played some games at the beginning then we all had a group lesson on John the Baptist and after I helped out in my small group and went through discussions questions with the girls. Last Sunday I also helped out the pastor's wife with the younger kids in Jr Church. I helped her lead the craft which were science experiments and then clean up after. Today was church again and I went to Sunday school with Stevie-G and helped out with the gr. 5-8 keeping them under control. They were interesting kids. I think one thing I really feel burdened to pray for is a general interest in God from the kids. I would say most of the kids just come to youth and Sunday school because it is a place they can hangout out and eat cookies. It would be amazing if something hit them and they realized how amazing God is and how much they need him in their lives. If you could please pray for Warmland's leadership team which consists Pastor Scott, Ross the worship leader, and Stevie-G the youth pastor. They have a huge job in planning all of the youth and church events and reaching out to a very different community that many of you are used too. A quality that I can already feel developing in myself through this ministry is leadership. With these kids it surprises me how much they need to be told what to do and how little they know about God. During small group I have to step up and answer questions and really try to get them involved. I have also learned not to try too hard with them and just focus on praying for them and becoming their friend and someone they can look up too eventually. God has truly blessed me with an amazing opportunity to be involved with Warmland Community Church. I am learning so much and thank you so much for your prayers. I love it here so much and I feel so blessed to be a part of this school.

No comments:

Post a Comment