Monday, October 12, 2009

Kaleo Blog #3


Hi everyone!! October 12, 2009
First off I would like to thank everyone for praying for me and for the weather of our sailing trip. For those of you who did not know, our whole Kaleo group of 28 students boared Monday morning a 138' gaff schooner morning for 5 days. The weather was so beautiful the whole trip. There was one day where the wind was crazy and we hoisted up the sails. It was amazing the whole ship was on a starbard tack(leaning to the right side) and I thought we were going to touch the water but we didnt. The trip overall was really fun and I learned a lot baout sailing the people I was sailing with. One scary funny story that I had to overcome invloved the ship's lifeboats/dories. Most of you know how much I love the movie Titianic and lets just say that being on this old boat for 5 days....Titain came up a lot. But on the second day we anchored the boat and our whole group piled into thses very small dories. I was so terrified. First of all the group leader said she this was the most people they had had ever in these boats and I was sitting on the group because there was no room and this boat was the tippiest thing I had ever been in. And to make things worse the water was freezing and I was in pants, socks, sweater, coat, and hat. So falling in would probably not be the best thing. Anyhow we made it safely there and back but It was very scary and I had to overcome my fear and go in them again the next day!
But all of those fears aside I had such a great trip and I will always remmeber my five days on the Pacific Ocean. This week at Church I didn't really have the oppurtunity to help serve since we missed youth group because of being on the boat. On Sunday it was my turn to stay up in the service and Pastor Scott preached a good message titled "Dragging people tp Christ". It was all about witnessing to people and it reminded me how much I forgot what it was like to witness. Being ere surrpounded by almost always Christians I forgot how much of my life involved witnessing to my friends back home, and this service helped me remeber how even though I am not always around non christiansI can still pray for everyone back at home and for oppurtunities at here. THen after church I was able to help stack up the chairs and take down the church since its in a communtity centre. God blessed us this week with an incredibale trip. Thank you for your prayers, God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment