Monday, October 19, 2009

Kaleo Blog #4

Hello everyone,

Well this week was so fun. On Tuesday we went caving and I had never been close to a cave before and I thought I was going to hate it and be scared of bats and spiders, but it was not like that all. I ended up loving it and there were no bats but we got to climb up high in the cave and go down low through small spaces. At one point we were all in different spots of the cave and we all turned out our lights and sang some worship songs. It was so cool and I will always remember that. On Wednesday we had a calmer day to sleep and catch up on homework. Wednesday night I had youth. Youth went well. I think this was the first Wednesday where I was actually able to make connections with some of the girls. It has been slow to make friends with them and let them get to know me because I tend to be shy at first but being a leader at youth I realized I need to go above and beyond and really try to get to know these girls. Steveie G gave a lesson on being a good friend and then we broke off into our normal small groups and we went through questions. Sometimes its frustrating because its only the same people who answer questions and you can just tell the some of the girls are not listening at all and there is no respect even when we are praying. So that is frustrating but I am really praying for my group and hoping that somehow God will reach their hearts and they will want to know more. We played some games after that everyone had a good time at. Then we helped clean up the whole place from all the games and went home. The next day all of the girls went to the old ladies home in Crofton. It was really good to be there. We were able to sing to them and just talk and get to know them. It made me realize how important it is to be thinking and praying for unsaved people especially older people. Sometimes being in a community with all Christians you can forget about non Christians but I am trying to pray for them and we would like to visit these ladies again. This weekend at Qwanoes was the ladies annual retreat. I signed up to serve for that whole weekend where ever they needed help. Turns out they needed help in the kitchen. So Friday night I did dinner dishes and helped bring up food to Clun Cocco for the ladies snack. Saturday I was in the kitchen all day making bread, cleaning up, and getting dinner ready. Saturday night we had to get the ladies snack ready again and clean the whole kitchen. Sunday I missed Church because I was on breakfast dishes and lunch set-up. I did lunch dishes and then I was finished for the weekend. It was definitely a long weekend and it was hard because all of our homework pre-course was due on Sunday and I had to move out of my room and do all my laundry all weekend because of our bed bugs situation which most of you have beard by now. SO, this weekend was very busy but overall good and I praise God we moved out of our rooms ok and all my work got handed in on time. Almost every day I learn something new here and I am continuing to love it. Please pray for me this week as I move back into my room I am really hoping that I won’t get any bites and that I will really enjoy and be able to focus in my Hermeneutics class.
God bless you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment