Monday, October 26, 2009

Kaleo Blog #5

Hello all, October 26, 2009
So this week was very interesting. We had our class hermeneutics. The class was really good and I learned a lot on how to read and understand the bible. I did really well on my assignments and I have an overall interest in this topic. We got into lots of discussions and one particular one was on the subject of baptism. Some people believe that you need to be baptised to get into heaven and some people believe it’s an act of obedience. It was a very good conversation and I came out having more open views. On Wednesday night we had youth group and it was pretty fun. I am beginning to really enjoy our youth group. I am getting to know the girls. Again my prayer request is that the girls will listen in our small group time. There is about 1 or 2 that answer all the questions and then the other ones just want to talk and not pay attention at all. So my prayer is that apart from all the fun they will have their desires will eventually change and they will want to actually be involved and listen to the lesson. On Sunday I went to church and let the whole games program for the Jr. Church kids. It was really fun and it was good to get to know some of the kids. They were pretty open and I got the feeling that they just want someone to hangout with and laugh with. They were cute and I think there is so much work God wants done at Warmland church. Tonight I went to New Life for a worship service and it was amazing. There was a portion in it where people just told stories of how God has been faithful to them and it is so encouraging to me hear stories like that. God is so powerful and he really works in so many lives. Thank you again for praying. Please pray for our surf trip for the weather. I am so excited to learn to surf!
God bless you all this week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment