Monday, March 1, 2010


Hello everyone,

The above picture is the whole sliding center team.
Well we are home sweet home. Last night was the best sleep I had in 17 nights. It feels good to be back here at camp but I already miss the Olympics! This afternoon we had a debriefing about both the Mexico and the Olympic trip and it was all amazing. It was so cool to see how God works all across the continent.


So this last week at the Olympics I actually only worked three shifts. I had four days off. My days off were great, very relaxing and I was able to get some homework done. My last shifts were great. I had good spots and I met really interesting people. I met a police officer who was a Christian. It was so encouraging to me. He was the only Christian I had met up to that point. It was encouraging because I was beginning to get slightly depressed about how Godless this world was and how it seemed that nobody really cared anymore about anything. So I met him and we talked about my school and his work and how he is making a difference in his work place. It gave me hope because so many think that they cannot work in certain environments because it would be too hard. Well I think that he was a perfect example of someone who lives for God and makes a difference in their workplace.


My last shift was my favourite one. Our whole group was placed in great positions. I got to work at the Olympic family lounge and meet see and pray for all the “important” people. It was pretty cool actually. Then I got moved up to this platform where all the medalist bobsledders walked by to talk to the press. After everything was over they let the volunteers walk on the track and Rivera and I slid down it. It was so much fun. It was so sad to leave but encouraging to know that we can go out into the world and be missionaries wherever we go.


I believe that this trip was so important for all of us because you can go to another country and culture and love them and try to tell them about Jesus, but being able to live for Jesus and tell people of all ages who are your co-workers about your faith takes courage. It was great that God gave us all courage and this gives me hope for when we all go back home. This ministry trip was truly amazing and I feel so blessed to have been a part of it. To have worked with my fellow Kaleos and see God work through them.


Thank you so much for all your prayers. We all learned so much about the power of prayer on this trip. We learned to be devoted to prayer and to know how to answer to people. God is our refuge and our strength and he was so present with us on this trip. This week is reading break and lots of homework has to be done and handed in. So hopefully we can all get it done well maybe having some sort of fun. Thank you again for your prayers, God bless, and have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment